2 lbs. of fresh salmon
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Pepper Tree Seasonings, Ol’ Smokey Salmon.
Pasta of choice (we suggest a long, flat noodle like Pappardelle)
Shreded Asiago cheese (optional)
Pepper Tree Seasonings Decadent Cream Sauce found here (check for additional ingredients).
Before you start, consider these helpful tips:
1. Fill pot with enough water to completely cover the amount of pasta you are going to make, add about 1 tsp. Of salt to water and bring to a boil.
2. Skin the salmon.
Tip: Skin the salmon with the skin side down. Use a sharp knife! Dull knives are more dangerous than sharp knives as they tend to slip as you put more and more pressure behind the blade just to get it to cut. The blade should easily cut through the fish without much effort. Angle your cut toward the skin of the fish. The skin is much tougher than the meat. This will help you guide the knife blade across the backside of the skin, perfectly separating the skin from the meat with little to no waste. Last tip, Always cut away from you in case your blade does slip!
3. Apply a light layer of olive oil on the skinned salmon and sprinkle a light and even layer of Pepper Tree Seasonings, Ol’ Smokey Salmon seasoning over both sides of the salmon.
4. Place pasta into boiling water and let boil for about 12 minutes.
5. Heat about 1 tbls. of olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
6. Place salmon in the bottom of pan. Reduce heat to low.
Tip: Keep an eye on the Salmon as it cooks. Once you see the salmon start turning whiter toward the middle, checking the bottom to make sure it’s not over cooking and keep checking every minute or so. Once you get a light brown crust on the bottom of the salmon, turn over and continue to cook.
Feeds 4 to 6 people
Takes about 30 minutes to prepare.